javascript:void(0)

Friday, January 22, 2010

Playing with the new Shimmerz Pearlz

I was very excited to play with the new Shimmerz Pearlz!  These paints are SO pretty . . . they're more opaque than the regular Shimmerz paints and they have a beautiful sheen. Here's a little ocean-themed card I made:


I painted the edge of each little ocean wave with 'Pearl' Pearlz.  The chipboard flourish was painted with Tickle-Me-Turquoise Shimmerz, then I added a little Pearl Pearlz on top of it and blended it in with my finger for a  more subtle Pearlz effect. 

I made the little mermaid out of shrink plastic . . . you know . . . the Shrinky Dinks we played with when we were kids?  I first colored the plastic with colored pencils and then I added a touch of Shimmerz (green and blue) before baking the plastic.  When you bake the plastic, the Shimmerz crystallizes and flakes off a bit, but it leaves a lovely texture and color behind.  After it was baked, I simply added a little Stickles on top of it to seal in the texture.






Hope your day goes swimmingly!!!!

5 comments:

Sorelinha Arte em Papel said...

Very good Stacy!!! xoxo Carol

BabyBokChoy said...

SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh... can i resist those pearlz??? lol.

Keshet said...

Pretty card!

Mieke said...

Such an adorable card, love the paints, can't wait to get my hands on it!
Have a great weekend!

Tomoko said...

That's an adorable mermaid!!!!