javascript:void(0)

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Nothing Better

Today is a big day for my daughter.  She's getting braces!   She's only 8 1/2 years old and I know it seems pretty young for braces, but that's the way they occasionally do it now: Phase 1 at a young age and then Phase 2 as a young teenager (but for less time).   Luckily she's very excited about it.  She even created a little countdown calendar four weeks ago when we first scheduled the appointment.  She's been excitedly marking off each day with an "X".   As a special treat I packed Skittles and Dots gumdrops in her lunchbox today since she will no longer be able to eat these things when she has braces.  

Here's a layout I made for Prima's CHA booth using the fun and whimsical Doodle Deux line.  It's a little more "clean and simple" than my typical scrapbook pages.  It features pictures of me kissing and cuddling with my little girly.  Seriously -- there's nothing better in the world than mommy-daughter cuddles!


Lately I've really been into using circles on my layouts.  For this page I cut out various sizes of circles and then stitched around them.  Then I used lots of 3D adhesive to pop up the top layer of cardstock and give the page some dimension.



Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Crie Artezzanato said...

Stacy your work is just gorgeous and creative!!!


Hugs

Val
www.crieartezzanato.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Layout Stacy! Love the layers & textures.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love it!

cvanholstein said...

Hi Stacy,
Braces at 8 and in 2 phases, totally new to me! But I'm sure they know what they're doing and it's pretty funny that she's so exited about it! :D
Love the circles with the depths!
They look like little treasure boxes with fun stuff in them!
xxx, C

Unknown said...

you make circles look so good!

Romy said...

What an amazing layout! Your design is really unique, it looks so pretty! It's a good thing your DD is so excited about getting braces. My brother is 16,5 and wears braces for about 1,5 year now....he really doesn't like them!

Maya said...

Oh I love the circles! Gorgeus!

Catie Cuddles said...

Adorable layout... Love it.

my paper love studio said...

oh my - absolutely adore this layout Stacy. I'm so so scraplifting you! thanks for the inspiration :)

Suzanne said...

I love all the circles onto your page! It is gorgeous!
It was so great to spend time with you at CHA! I hope your trip home was great! Enjoy your weekend(:

Dani Cristina said...

Que linda composição!!
Adorei.
Beijos.
Dani

Anonymous said...

Stacy, I love your idea of the circles with the embellies behind them!
You always have such creative ideas!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Stacy, I love your idea of the circles with the embellies behind them!
You always have such creative ideas!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Patricia said...

adore this page!

lynda said...

i really don't need to follow another blog, but you have so many awesome layouts that I just have to add yours' to my feed. Keep them coming!