javascript:void(0)

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Photo shoot gone bad . . . VERY, very bad

Summer is here and my kiddos are out of school starting today.  That means sleeping in past 6:00 am (yay!), lazy days, lots of swimming, and whatever other fun activities we can drum up.  That also means juggling my work schedule and trying to complete business calls and emails from home while the girls play quietly (hopefully!) in the other room.  Working from home for a couple hours a day with the girls occupied doing something else usually works out fine.  However, my girls are at the age where they're bickering and fighting over little things.  A lot.  Although most of my layouts are all sunshine and rainbows, I don't pretend that my sweet little angels are perfect all the time.   Here's a layout I created for Creating Keepsakes a while back that captures one of those "non-perfect" moments in photos.  Disclaimer: No children were harmed during the taking of the these photos or the making of this scrapbook layout. :)

As seen in the January/February 2012 issue of Creating Keepsakes Magazine.  Copyright Creative Crafts Group.  Posted with prior permission from the publisher. 

I created this layout for the Supply Savvy article, which featured creative uses for sequins on scrapbook pages.  I used loose sequins and sequin trim to make the large flower centers.  Here's a close-up of the sequin technique and the journaling.


This layout is one of my personal favorites primarily because of the subject matter and the photos.  My girls crack up every time they look at it.  I think it's great to document these "less than perfect" moments on a scrapbook page.  In fact, I decided to make another version of this layout so that both of my girls could have one for their scrapbooks.  I made this one-page version for Prima's CHA booth earlier in the year.


Wish us luck that they we don't have too many of these squabbles this summer!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! This layout is soooo beautiful and funny at the same time. Love that you got to document this funny time in your girls' lives. They will always remember the 'fighting" and have a good laugh! Again, beautiful Stacy!!!

Gabbi said...

This is so funny and so pretty at the same time. I love it.

Romy said...

Those not so perfect pics are actually the ones I cherish most too. They just capture the personalities of the people in a photo so much more than posed photos. These photos of your girls just make me smile. And your layouts are pure eye-candy too. I admire your use of colour and your wonderful flower arrangement. Truly gorgeous!

Marelize said...

Hehehe... priceless! We all have days like that. Stunning layout. :)

Tracee said...

I remeber times like this when my girls were younger add a stroppy brother into the mix and it really was mayhem at times, so much fun to document these times tho and your layout does it perfectly! Tx

cvanholstein said...

Haha, you're lucky that this quarrel happened during the shoot! It's like reading a comics-book, LOL
Love your layout, I giggled while watching it in the magazine, and laugh again now.
Those are the BEST layouts, bravo!!
xxx, C

Unknown said...

this is my favorite favorite photoshoot!

hotpotato said...

Love this layout and that kids are not always the perfect willing subjects to photo.

Patricia said...

very very fun page...

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh I love this Stacy! That is too funny. I know if I ever had a sister that would be a normal site. Haha! Beautiful work, as always! Love the sequin technique on the flowers.

CatherineScrap said...

So funny layouts !!! this a perfect exemple of the relationships between sisters ! I prefer the secound version but I love both of them
bises

Rebecca said...

I love this. I have 6 kids and trying to get a good picture is a drama. I love this idea. Your layout is beautiful and what a story it tells!