javascript:void(0)

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Queen & Co. -- Fun with washi tape and twine

Washi tape and bakers twine are hot, hot, hot right now in the scrapbooking and cardmaking worlds.  Queen & Co. has a HUGE selection of both these popular items.  Check out Queen & Co.'s Trendy Tape and Twine Twist.  I recently had the pleasure of designing some projects with Queen & Co's newest tapes, twine, and rhinestones.

First up is a layout I created. I cut out stars in varying sizes, then I placed the Trendy Tape (aka washi tape) on another sheet of cardstock behind the openings. 


I outlined the stars with the twine. 


When I finished the layout, I had the cut-out stars left over.  I didn't want them to go to waste, so I used them to make a card.  I covered them with strips of Queen & Co's Trendy Tapes, then I matted each star on black cardstock. I added a rainbow of twine and rhinestones.


These bright colors make me very happy! 

9 comments:

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Cute! I love what you did with the tape!

Romy said...

Wow, so gorgeous! I love the stars and colourful twine against the white cardstock base.

Tamika said...

beautiful this page certainly sparkles!

krcmasterpiece said...

I love the stars on both the layout & card. The background on the card is superb!

Laina Lamb said...

LOVE what you did with the tapes!!!

Unknown said...

love love love it! your work makes me happy!!!

Ruth G said...

Very bright and fun! Love the stars and the combination of twine and tape!!! TFS!

Patricia said...

very very beautiful...

Ирина Фонина (Креативный скрапбукинг) said...

Hi! I'm writing an article about Clean&Simple style and would love to show your work as an example (with back link and copyright info, of course). Could you please give me permission?